During the harshest period of the Enhanced Community Quarantine, Rebo Press Book Publishing founder and chief consultant Maria Kristelle C. Jimenez hit upon a most challenging idea for an independent outfit: can Rebo Press Book Publishing bring more books to deserving students and teachers (particularly Filipino teachers)?
Due to the major economic distress brought primarily by the harsh lockdown measures of the Philippine government and the insufficiency of the country’s social safety net (in all aspects), RPBP initially thought of creating a book loan system where students and teachers could opt to receive a set of four Rebo Press titles and they could settle the cost of the books later on, for a total of twelve months.
But perhaps, the cosmos had other things planned. After the release of the first two sets of four books each to two students, Rebo Press readers began to pitch in for the project. Rebo Press readers are the best: they volunteered to sponsor the book sets and even the shipping costs.
What began as just two sets of books has now grown to 12 sets for distribution to deserving recipients. Students and teachers may reach out to Maria Kristelle C. Jimenez during this period to apply for the book packs sponsored by Rebo Press Book Publishing’ generous sponsors.
As of this writing (June 15, 2020), here are the project updates:
- Rebo Press Book Publishing have received a total of 48 donations from sponsors, which will be sufficient for twelve book recipients, each receiving four books per pack.
- The previous 12-month book loan system is no longer necessary because RPBP readers have come forward to sponsor the said books, including shipping fees.
- For those who would like to sponsor more books, please reach out to use via email at t evaluation by the founder of the press.
- For those who would like to sponsor more books, please reach out to use via email at email@example.com or message us on our Facebook page at m.me/ReboPressPH.
- For those who would like to know the availability of the current slots or any additional slots that may appear in the near future, please message the founder of the press at m.me/MariaKristelleJimenez.